Friday, July 7, 2017

The Waste Books Archive.


 Silent Parrot Press Archives:The Waste Books:2017

 Within the post-exhibition moments that one needs to spend in packing away works and putting the past in order I often think of Walter Benjamin's short essay "Unpacking My Library" that acts as a trigger for reflecting upon the life of a collector, the kind of collector who seeks strange things often considered valueless. I have never been an avid collector but in packing away 'the waste books' I realise that for sometime now I have in fact, been collecting myself. sp.

Silent Parrot Press Archives:The Waste Books:2017

4 comments:

  1. a place to be cool, calm and collected in our beautiful broken world

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mo Crow...as always so poignant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how weird it all is packed up in cardboard. but i like these photos a lot.

    ReplyDelete